Saturday, November 30, 2013

HP p2-1334 Desktop Computer

Back in August, right before classes started I set out to buy a cheap desktop computer. I bought an open box item at Best Buy in my town. The desktop came with everything except speakers and a monitor for $224.99. I also purchased a HP 21 inch monitor and already had speakers sitting at home. Before purchasing I was already aware that the newer AMD processors were not as great as their predecessors and truly was not wanting a computer with one but instead wanted an Intel processor. Unfortunately, I decided to settle and get the open box for the price not the processor. I should have stuck with my desire for an Intel instead.

The HP p2-1334 came with the AMD E1-1200 Accelerated Processor, 4GB DDR3 RAM, a 500 GB hard drive, an AMD Radeon HD 7310 graphics card, a SuperMulti DVD Burner, and Microsoft's Windows 8. It supports multi displays also. However, I may not have spent much for a brand new desktop, I am very dissatisfied with myself for this purchase. The computer from setup has been slow and difficult to use. I truly dislike Microsoft's new Windows 8 and the Windows 8.1 upgrade has not done much for its likeability. The system rates low on the Microsoft scale being a 3.4. HP should be ashamed of themselves for releasing a desktop such as this. It is slow and not user friendly. However, with a touch screen Windows 8 might be better though I don't believe it would be much better since at this time there are not much support are development for it or apps. The graphics are okay on the computer. Streaming a movie does not work well on this computer and there are compatibility issues with many websites I go to. Windows 8 does seem to be secure though and good for those who desire the strong security rather than having a desire to surf the web freely without having to do extra to get the page content.

I do not recommend this desktop to others especially those who desire a stress free internet useful computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment